I don’t think I’ve had eggnog more than once or twice in my life, but I adore snickerdoodles so I was happy to try this variation on an old favorite. These cookies did not disappoint. They are wonderfully soft and chewy with a lovely eggnog flavor and a slightly spicy nutmeg bite. A perfect addition to a fall spread or a holiday cookie platter.
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons eggnog
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C)
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Cream sugar and butter until light asn
4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
5. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.Do not over mix
6. Spoon by heapin teaspoonfulls onto un-greased cookie sheets.
7. Roll in cinnamon sugar
8. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg
9. Bake 15 minutes or until the edges barely start to brown. Cookies will look underdone but will firm up as they cool.
10. While cookies are in the oven, make the eggnog glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
11. Let cookies cool, then drizzle with glaze. Sprinkle with cinnamon.